Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Olive harvesters survive twin blasts in Nangarhar

Olive harvesters survive twin blasts in Nangarhar

By
On
Oct 28, 2017 - 15:57

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Canalization department workers collecting olive harvest survived two consecutive bomb blasts in Farm Hada area of eastern Nangarhar province on Saturday.

The blasts took place in the third block of olive orchards at about 12:40pm, said the governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani.

He said no one suffered casualties in the blasts and another two landmines were detected and defused in the same area.

A worker of the canalization department, Abdul Qayum Atrafi, told Pajhwok Afghan News four landmines had been planted in the orchards, two of them were exploded and the other two defused.

He said police had reached the area and that there were no casualties in the blasts.

Amid dearth of workers, the canal department started harvesting olives from its orchards a few days ago, with officials predicting 1200 tons of yield this season.

ma

Tags: