Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Ongoing Helmand raids declared ‘successful’

Ongoing Helmand raids declared ‘successful’

By
On
Oct 13, 2017 - 17:14

LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): Government officials in southern Helmand province on Friday declared as successful ongoing security operations in and near Lashkargah, the provincial capital.

Omar Zwak, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the joint forces’ operation was launched yesterday in Babaji area of Lashkargah and Nad Ali and Marja districts.

He said so far 18 Taliban militants had suffered casualties during the operations that resulted in the seizure of weapons and ammunition as well. He said so far four security personnel had been injured during the raids.

A police official said the Taliban had been unable to put up resistance due to airstrikes.

However, a Taliban spokesman, Qari Yousaf Ahmadi, said the fighters had blocked the security forces from advancing.

He said the government forces were also inflicted heavy casualties during clashes in Sangin and Nawa districts.

ma

Tags: