Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Security tightened in Kunduz ahead of Eid festival


Security tightened in Kunduz ahead of Eid festival

Aug 29, 2017 - 15:07

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Special security measures have been put in place to prevent incidents of violence during Eidul Adha holidays and enable residents to celebrate the festival in a befitting manner, officials say.

Police chief Brig. Gen. Abdul Hamid Hameedi told Pajhwok Afghan News the Afghan forces in all parts of the province had adopted tight security steps ahead of Eid.

Hameedi said: “In some areas, additional check-points have been established in coordination with all Afghan security forces; we have also arranged patrols to ensure order.”

He added the security personnel were doing all they could to make sure the citizens enjoyed their Eid days in a peaceful environment. He urged the people to cooperate with the security forces in their respective areas.

Mohammad Rahim, a resident of Kunduz City, the provincial capital, said it was a pleasure that the security forces had taken serious steps ahead of Eid.

All vehicles were being checked as part of the security measures, he said, urging the people to cooperate with the security forces during Eid holidays.

But Sharif, another resident of Kunduz, recalled after the Eid last year, the security situation has sharply deteriorated. “The Taliban had launched attacks on the city, which led to its fall. I hope this won't happened again.”

On the other hand, the police chief said the militants were unable to attack the city again. The security organs were fully alert to deal with any eventuality, he claimed.