Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

16 civilians dead in Nangarhar airstrikes

16 civilians dead in Nangarhar airstrikes

By
On
Aug 11, 2017 - 15:49

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Sixteen civilians were killed in two airstrikes by foreign forces in the Haska Mena district of eastern Nangarhar province during a joint operation with Afghan forces a day earlier, the district administrative head said on Friday.

Saz Wali Shinwari told Pajhwok Afghan News the joint Afghan and foreign forces operation was carried out in Paeen area on Thursday. During the operation, he said, the foreign forces hit a Suzuki vehicle, killing eight members of a family, including women and children.

He said the foreign forces also hit people who were on foot in the same area, killing another eight people, including four from the same family.  He said the dead were not recognizable and were buried in bags.

A resident of the area, Samim, said 16 people, including women and children, were killed in the airstrikes by foreign forces.

The foreign forces have so far said nothing about the latest civilian casualties in the conflict.

ma