Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

147,000 students qualify entry test exam this year

147,000 students qualify entry test exam this year

By
On
Jul 29, 2017 - 17:31

KABUL (Pajhwok): Announcing this year’s university entrance test results, the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) on Saturday declared more than 147,000 examinees as successful.

MoHE acting minister Abdul Lateef Roshan told a ceremony for the results announcement that some 169,000 candidates across the country sat the 1395-1396 solar year university exam, with nearly 147,000 makig it to universities.

According to him, around 61,000 successful students would be granted admission in public sector universities and about 32,000 students would be introduced to semi-higher education institutes.

More than 55,000 students would be absorbed in private higher education institutes either against discount or free of cost.

Roshan said about 47,000 students (equivalent to 33 percent) who took the exam this year were girls and more than 99,000 (67 percent) were boys. He said above 21,000 individuals had failed in the test.

Raza son of Ewaz, a student from capital Kabul, topped the exam by scoring 344.20 marks while Akhtar Mohammad s/o Chaman Ali from southern Ghazni grabbed second position with 342.6 marks. Zabihullah s/o Rahmatullah from Kabul finished third with 342.53 marks.

According to MoHE, the lowest marks in Kankor were 150 and whoever obtaining this figure were declared failed.

Roshan said this year the entry test process had been more transparent as compared to previous years, thanks to the biometric system, which was used for the first time in the test.

Ahmad Javed Rasooli, general director for MoHE exams, said migration from one faculty to another or one province to another was seriously unavailable.

He said last year as many as 2,222 violations were recorded but the violations were reduced to 110 this time due to reforms in the exam. Hearing complaints from students would be started from tomorrow (Sunday) until next week, he concluded.

sns/ma

Tags: