Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Security personnel among 33 killed in operation, blast

Security personnel among 33 killed in operation, blast

By
On
May 22, 2017 - 13:55

FEROZKOH/KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Three security personnel and 30 militants have been killed during a clash and bomb blast in northern Kunduz and western Ghor provinces, an official said on Monday.

Abdul Hai Khatibi, spokesman for Ghor governor, told Pajhwok Afghan News, security forces on Sunday launched clearing operation codenamed Khalid against rebels in the Shahrak district.

He said eight rebels have been killed and nine others wounded so far during the operation. Security forces recovered weapons and ammunitions from insurgents.

Separately, three security forces were killed and five others wounded in a roadside blast on the outskirts of Shahrak district, said Khatibi.

Separately, 22 rebels have been killed and 11 others wounded during clearing operation in the northern part of the country in the past 24 hours, said Brig. Gen.Syed Qurban Mosvi, the 20th Pamir division chief of staff.

Two military vehicles, three motorcycles and a Saracha type vehicle was destroyed during the operation, he said.

Taliban have not yet spoken about the fresh development.

nh