Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Kunduz operation triggers complaints from residents

Kunduz operation triggers complaints from residents

By
On
Apr 18, 2017 - 15:15

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): An ongoing operation codenamed (Khalid) in the capital of northern Kunduz province has been a failure, public representatives and residents claimed on Tuesday.

Provincial Council (PC) member Safiullah Amiri, who visited the area, told Pajhwok Afghan News the operation against Taliban was launched four days ago in Kunduz City, but there had been no progress yet.

He said schools had been closed and residents forced from their houses due to the ongoing offensive against the insurgents. However, 80 percent of Kunduz was still under Taliban’s control, he alleged.

Gul Agha, an inhabitant of the locality, complained: “Our houses have been turned into trenches by both sides. We have been displaced and schools shut. If the operation continues like this, results can’t be achieved in a year.”

But ND Director Col. Safar Mohammad said Mullah Sardar, Faiz Mohammad and Panjshiri villages on the outskirts of Kunduz City had been cleared of militants. The operation was still ongoing, he added.

sa/mud