Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Media Release Service

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Pajhwok Mobile App

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

US military convoy comes under suicide attack in Bagram

US military convoy comes under suicide attack in Bagram

By
On
Jul 18, 2010 - 21:29

<!--break--><p>CHARIKAR (PAN): A US military convoy came under suicide attack, claimed by the Taliban insurgents, in the central province of Parwan on Sunday, officials said.</p><p>Only the car bomber died in the botched assault in the Qalanderkhel area of Bagram district around noon, Governor Abdul Basir Salangi told Pajhwok Afghan News.</p><p>The provincial police chief confirmed the suicide blast, which caused the US forces no harm. The attacker belonged to southeastern Paktika province, Brig. Gen. Abdur Rehman Syedkheli said.</p><p>Meanwhile, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the explosion, saying a dozen US soldiers had been killed. The US military has not yet commented on the incident.</p><p>Earlier in the day, a similar suicide attack happened in the Macro Ryan neighbourhood of Kabul, killing three civilians, including a child, and wounding 14 others.</p><p>mud/frm</p>